Lately I have been thinking a lot about the beauty of giving, doing something for others, making somebody’s life more beautiful. Though I know that it is more beautiful and fulfiling to give than to get, I keep rediscovering this over and over again. And just yesterday there was another moment like this. I was driving to a brief meeting with an acquaintance, thinking how difficult it is for me to bear the time spent with her since she wants appraisal all the time. I was already feeling nervous a bit, thinking about how to make this meeting as short as possible.
Then I realized that this was just a person over there with a huge need for respect and acceptance. Just as simple as that. A person, a human being with this genuine and painfully unmet need for respect and acceptance. Suddenly I felt that giving her this, some attention, some beauty of life, would probably be the most wonderful think I could do and would actually make me feel great, happy. So, with a lot of joy in my heart, I did fully give this person attention and respect. And we were both so joyful, happy, with sparks in our eyes. It was the best thing.
And, since there are no coincidences in this life – as we all very well know -, while me happily trying to make other people’s life more beautiful during the last week or so, my life was made more beautiful by a gift from my blogging and NVC friend Ian, who has passed to me The Butterfly Award – an award that is passed from one blogger to another, an award titled The Coolest Blog I Know.
Frankly, I am not sure I can define what a “cool blog” is, so I will take the liberty to interpret this through my own mindset with a term that is, in the realm of blogging, the most important to me when I read blogs; an inspiring blog, a blog that stirs up stuff within me and makes me think, see things differently and open new horizons in my world. I feel deeply honoured by getting this award from Ian, whom I respect immensely.
There are some rules (hm, rules make me a bit nervous so let’s call them requests, guidelines…) that come with this Butterfly Award:
- Put the logo on your blog
- Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
- Link 10 other bloggers of whom you want to give this award to.
OK, since I have already done the first two, let me, with a great pleasure, pass this award over to another ten bloggers, feeling really joyful that I can show my respect, happiness, appreciation to them this way. Hoping that this is going to contribute a tiny little bit to at least one moment of their lives.
- Ian – Quantum Learning – Did I mention this great guy already? Anyway, I am completely in love with his honesty, nonviolent approach to life, respect for everybody out there. Every single post is a reminder and an inspiration.
- AngryAfrican – Angry African on the Loose – Another guy that I bow deeply to. To his beautiful and deep heart, wisdom, openness, sincerity… I am so happy I have found him.
- Razz - All the Dumb Things – My Aussie mate. Not that I am an Aussie, but I love him and his stuff. This is a no-nonsense guy, with straightforward wisdom, rich life experiences and a passion. Where I complicate, he cuts through.
- Melinda - The Melindaville Blog – Everybody go there and read her blog NOW! I thought I have gone through something in my life and, oh boy, was I mistaken. She is opening my eyes to the world of pain, hopelessness, suffering and darkness that I never was aware of.
- Robin - Naked in Eden – Robin is a child of Nature and still in complete connection with something most of us have lost long ago. She inspires me over and over again, yet it seems like taking ages for me to make some steps.
- SanityFound - SanityFound’s Rambling’s – I thought about giving up blogging after a couple of months with not much response, and she woke me up. I will be eternally grateful. Her blog covers it all – from deepest traumas of life to funniest jokes. This girl will never stop – she is a nuclear plant.
- Hayden - Through The Illusion – Another brave and inspirational girl, grinding her way through the illusion. Go, Hayden, Go, never ever stop!
- Shalabieh - Shabieh’s World – Now, speaking of brave girls, this is one immensely courageous one. I believe she was the first person on my blogroll and will forever stay there, opening my eyes to yet another world.
- Jennifer - Writing to Survive – She’s got the style, she’s got the grace, she’s got the humour, she’s got the honesty, heart… And she’s got a German neighbour I certainly wish to soon read about again.
- Amber - AmberMoon – Honestly, Amber writes more than I can ever read, but whenever the word comes down to sex and to politics, I am instantaneously there. So, Amber, let’s have more sex & politics…
So, my dear friends, you are making my days. And I wish you remember this.
I am because you are.
What a beautiful way to begin a blogging year. Giving awards, showing appreciation.