The year is coming to the end and me and my dearest wife are, as usual at that time of the year, evaluating the quality of our lives in the past year and thinking and talking how to make our lives even more full and meaningful in the year to come. So today, while taking it easy at the nearby sauna and talking about what was good in this year, I realized that I actually have a lot to celebrate. For instance:
- as I have vowed, in the second part of the year I worked less and my life feels different, much different now. I am living again, I am not constantly tired, I have even time to just sit and watch the clouds occasionally…
- I spent a lot of quality travelling time alone with my beloved wife, like Crete, Albania, Croatian island, Andalucia… With just the two of us and no pressures, just being together and enjoying it all.
- I managed to spend quite some time alone, taking care of my need for peace and silence and for solitude, mostly on islands and Zen retreats.
- I have gained a considerable amount of clarity about some of my existential dilemmas, especially on what I want to focus on in regards to my work in the future. It is very clear now that NVC will play a major part in my life in the future, especially in terms of mediation, working with kids… So there are projects opening up in front of me, very meaningful and inspiring, and I feel incredibly excited about this coming period.
- our kids are doing well, really well. Of course they are having their teenage ups and downs, but they are adorable individuals and our communication in our little community is progressing well.
- I have managed to spend beautiful time with kids, time, that have contributed to our lives and will stay with us forever, be it our short trip to Budapest, a longish trip to France and Belgium, or some wild time during our adrenalin vacation.
- I have attended very inspiring events this year, like the Dialogue Process training in Germany, NVC training in Germany, Warrior of the Heart training in Belgium, Congress of Interculturalists in Spain… My hand was very lucky, very lucky indeed.
- So many new beautiful friends appeared in my life and our house was full of inspiring visitors
- I have managed to eat a bit less and exercise a bit more – good, very good. Is my mind getting less weak?
- It seems I am not losing my hair anymore. At least in the last half a year or so the shower and bath tubs are just not as full of my hair after I step out. I am not sure what has happened, but, hey, who cares, let’s celebrate!
- I was blessed to experience some utterly magical moments, like the one with dolphins.
- And I am still writing this blog. One full year and I still enjoy it immensely. Not to mention all this beautiful people I have connected to via this blog. Touches me deeply. It is true that sometimes I get a bit restless, wanting to meet you all, but the night is still young, so let’s celebrate the overture and afterwards we will celebrate even more.
Boy, writing this (and having my fingers rather tired already) I can see that my life is not all that dull. Which makes another reason for celebrating.
I am truly happy about the above, deeply gratefully celebrating it all. Thank you, thank you, thank you…
Oh, did I mention that I celebrate Obama’s election?
And so many other things…